adjective: ul • ti • mat
Definition: the best or most extreme of its kind
Starting on the 10th of May, all PAYDAY 2 DLC will be 85% off until the 8th of June.
After that, all DLC will say “goodbye” to the Steam store and merge into one big Ultimate Edition bundle together with the base game. All future updates for PAYDAY 2 will be released for FREE as we’ll keep supporting and adding content to PAYDAY 2. If you didn’t get a chance to purchase DLC before the 8th of June, an upgrade option to the Ultimate Edition will be available.
(*excluding the Ethan and Hila Character Pack available separately as well as any temporary campaign eg. the ‘Lootbag’ DLC or the Completely OVERKILL Pack DLC)
The only DLC that will be available separately is the Ethan and Hila Character Pack. The subsequent revenue from the Ethan and Hila Character Pack is going straight to Ethan and Hila. We are doing this because we appreciate them and wanted to find a way to help them out financially so they can continue to do what they do best.
With that said - welcome to the biggest PAYDAY 2 sale ever!
All DLC will be available for purchase until the 8th of June at a 85% discount.
Are you looking for more answers? Check out our FAQ below.
Ultimate Edition FAQ:
- Why are you doing this? We want to treat our players who have supported us through the years by making all future DLC free. PAYDAY 2 was released in 2013 and has since its launch received more than 144 updates and has gone through numerous changes based on community feedback. As developers, we have not always made the right decisions, but our community has stood by us through thick and thin. To honor our community’s support, all future content will be released for free for anyone who owns PAYDAY 2. In order to consolidate all the content and ensure the best experience for our players - both new and old - PAYDAY 2 is evolving into its final form - PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition, combining the base game with all of the 144 updates we’ve made.
- Why is the Ethan and Hila Character Pack separately available, and why is the Completely OVERKILL Pack not included in the Ultimate Edition? We are doing this because we appreciate Ethan and Hila and want to find a way to help them out financially so they can continue to do what they do best as independent creators. We’ll be selling The Ethan and Hila Character Pack for $4.99, and the subsequent revenue from the Ethan and Hila Character Pack is going straight to Ethan and Hila themselves, and we at OVERKILL get 0%. We understand, respect and appreciate the privileged situation our community has helped us create as independent game developers. We want to help Ethan and Hila to do the same, just like we want to help other independent game developers get their games out the door while having them retain their own IP. Independent creators matter and we, the PAYDAY community, one of the largest communities online, needs to do our part.
The Completely OVERKILL Pack will not be available because it was a timed exclusive, only available at one point in time. We will continue to honor and respect the investment the players that supported us at the time did by never introducing it again.
- Is there a secret motive behind these actions we're not being told? There are three motives behind this: the first is to say Thank You to all our current players who have purchased the base game and any DLC by offering an opportunity to buy the remaining content for an all-time high discount of 85%. The second motive is to consolidate the store page and offer an easy way for new players to get into the game. As of now, if someone would purchase the base game and all DLC, said person will have to pay over 200 dollars and purchase around 40 products to get the ultimate PAYDAY 2 experience. We want to make that easier for new players at an affordable price. The third motive is to try something new - only when we dare to do something different, we offer ourselves an opportunity to learn more. If the community reacts positively to the changes we make, we have succeeded. If the general community sentiment is negative we have failed. If we fail, we will investigate why and try our best to amend that mistake. We have the privilege of having a community that supports us because they understand that we sometimes will need to try new things. So thank you again to our community for supporting us.
- How much will it cost to upgrade my PAYDAY 2 game to the Ultimate Edition if I haven’t bought all DLC before June 8th? That differs, depending on how many DLCs you already own.
- How much will PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition cost? PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition will cost $45. At launch, it will be offered at a 10% discount for a limited time.
- So I’m not going to be able to pick what DLC I want? No. You can pick and buy whatever DLC you want at 85% off from May 8th. But after June 8th, you can’t buy specific DLC, instead you have to get the Ultimate Edition.
- Do I have to buy all DLC I don’t have to get the FREE content? No. You don’t have to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, but you still will get new FREE content.
- Are you not supporting PAYDAY 2 anymore - is this the end of PAYDAY 2? No it’s not, we’ve actually decided to support PAYDAY 2 even longer than originally planned. Previously we announced that we were going to stop at the end of 2017. But now we’ve extended development until October 2018.
- Isn’t The Ultimate Edition way more expensive than just buying each DLC separately? No it’s not. If you buy the game and all DLC seperately, it’s much more expensive than buying the Ultimate Edition.
- What about Console updates? The PAYDAY 2: Ultimate Edition is a Steam bundle. Console players will receive more news as additional content is made available for them. More content is currently in development for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. PAYDAY 2 is also in development for Nintendo Switch.
- What about PAYDAY 3? PAYDAY 3 is in early phases of production. We’ll share more information about PAYDAY 3 in the future when we feel ready.
Additional questions and answers will be added as they appear in the forums.