While we are all stuck in custody, we here at OVERKILL have been working on some stuff for you heisters, and today we are releasing a small update to help keep you busy while we are all holding out in our homes.
While there might be reasons not to commit crimes in real life, we are bringing some great changes to the game where you can heist with your friends without the fear of jail or viruses. We think you will be very excited about what we have prepared for you, so let’s dive into the update.
It is as simple as that, more skins and then even more skins. We have increased the drop rate of skins from once per week, to once per day. You will always have something to look forward to when you log in to play PAYDAY 2. As the famous saying goes “A few heists a day may not keep the cloakers away – but it will bling the shit out of your guns”. Well, it’s something like that at least.
Of course, it sucks to have to leave the lobby right when the adrenaline is high and there is loot to steal just to open a safe. Therefore, for now on, you will get your skin right away in the loot drop, just like you would get the safes before. And all your crewmates can see that legendary “Plush Phoenix” skin or a sweet “Frenzy”.
What does this mean?
Skins will still be associated with a particularly safe, however, safes will no longer drop as a steam item in your steam inventory. Safes as a concept will still remain when referring to the skins as a collection. You can still say that the Sydney safe has better skins than the Wolf safe. And you can still view the skins associated with a particular safe in the steam inventory menu in-game.
What happens with your safes?
If you have safes in your inventory they will remain until you open them. Nothing will happen to them. Those safes will still only be able to yield skins associated with that safe.
We have looked into the Holdout game mode, and made a few changes to make the mode a bit more appealing. First and foremost you will find 5 new Holdout levels based on existing heists from the game. Each Holdout comes with its own set of 4 achievements for wave 3, 5, 7 and 9.
The biggest change, however, is that the weekly Holdout is no longer available. Instead, you can choose what level you want to play similar to how you would choose a normal heist. All weekly only rewards are still unique to Holdout, but can be acquired on any Holdout level. We have also added 10 weapon colors that you can only get in the Holdout game mode. These can drop randomly as a reward from wave 5 and wave 9. Speaking of rewards, we have also upped the rewards so a full Holdout wave 1 to 9 will reward you 9 Normal loot cards 3 special loot cards 6 Continental Coins in addition to Cash and XP.
As the weather is getting warmer, our heisters need some cooler threads to wear. We bring back an old favorite: the outfit from the Slaughterhouse and Diamond heists in PAYDAY: The Heist. Playing the Slaughterhouse heist in PAYDAY 2 will unlock this short-sleeved outfit for all your summer larceny needs.
Jump into the options menu and look over the Custom Menu Tracks. You will find two new awesome tracks from Gustavo Coutinho. "Ojos De Diamante" is played by the Mariachi Band in the San Martín Bank Heist and "Ojos De Esmeralda" is played in the trailer for the heist.
Last, but not least, we bring some nice quality of life conveniences to the game. Have you ever found an awesome weapon mod or mask locked behind an achievement and then needing to find what achievement unlocks that particular item? Well, now each item that is locked behind an achievement will tell you right away what you need to do to acquire it.
Perhaps you have been playing with your neat regen/convert build only to die while thinking you had your 2 converts for regen and backup, not realizing the converts you saw were not actually yours? Or have you failed a stealth heist thinking you answered 3 pagers when in fact you had answered 4? Now your converts will be color-coded in a darker blue than your follow heisters and the number of both pagers and your converts will be listed on the TAB screen.
Have you been solo heisting and had your AI decked out perfect for your build only to switch the build-in loadout and the AI no longer being finely tuned to your skillset? Now AI loadout will be saved with your profile so when you switch, they switch as well. Keep in mind that you might need to set up the AI to be in sync with your profiles if you want the most out of the bonuses they provide.
And to get you back in the fight as quickly as possible, we’ve added a right-click menu for the weapon and mask inventory. You will find the same buttons that you might find at the bottom right of the screen, to quickly be able to get the loadout you want to roll out with.
You can read more about the update and see some nice preview images on our website: Update 199.3 Site
Update size: 1.2GB
- Fixed a crash when going into custody while using sentry guns
- Fixed an issue with switching profiles after purchasing assets using the “sixth sense” skill
- Fixed an infinite loading occurring while previewing skins on the Steam marketplace when the Steam Overlay was disabled
- Fixed an issue on Big Oil day 2 where the Guards would not get alerted when the basement door was opened
- Fixed a potential soft-lock on Biker Heist day 1 if certain doors were opened before the objective was triggered
- Fixed some graphical issues with the fridges on Border Crossing
- Fixed an issue on Brooklyn Bank where clients could get stuck inside the winch
- Fixed an issue on Car Shop where civilians could get alerted when seeing a computer that has previously been hacked
- Fixed an issue on Counterfeit where players could get stuck behind the ladder
- Fixed an issue on Diamond Heist where the escape would not trigger
- Fixed an issue on Firestarter day 2 where all team AI would stand on the same spot
- Fixed an issue on No Mercy Hospital where the enemies could get stuck behind a wall
- Fixed an issue on Rats day 1 where a sentry gun could be placed near the shed and the enemies would not be able to destroy it
- Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the Fabergé egg did not have an outline
- Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the AI would move around the level in stealth if a client had left the game
- Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank with an invisible collision in a window by the side entrance
- Fixed some minor graphical issue on San Martín Bank
- Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where the glass did not break when an AI jumped through the windows at the front of the bank
- Fixed an issue on San Martín Bank where you could interact with the cup through furniture
- Fixed some gaps on San Martín Bank near the security boxes
- Fixed an issue on Scarface Mansion where some debris could be seen floating above the ground
- Fixed an issue on White House where the player could get stuck in a coat hanger
- Removed folders from various levels related to the 2017 Locke & Load event that did not have any functionality
- Fixed skins that applied over the lens on sights
- Made “Boost” weapon mods purchasable with Continental Coins
- Fixed an issue with how the Advanced Combat Sight was applied to the Piglet Grenade Launcher
- Added descriptive text to items locked behind an achievement
- Added a prompt for what button to use when tased
- Fixed some issues with the Japanese font
Via: Steam Community