The following is information regarding a voluntary beta test. Continue reading if you’re interested in volunteering.
The following is an invitation to an open beta focusing on synchronization improvements and general bug fixes. By testing this with us, we hope to add these changes to the live game as soon as possible.
If it crashes while you play, you can find your crash dumps (file extension .mdmp) in this folder: SteamsteamappscommonPAYDAY 2. Please share this with us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. As subject, type "Open Beta Crash dump"
The open beta update size: 157.9 MB
1) Right click on PAYDAY 2 in your Steam library
2) Go to properties
3) Go to the "BETAS" tab
4) Switch to open_beta (there is no password)
5) Press "CLOSE"
6) Download the update
7) If the download doesn’t start restart Steam
Do this at your own risk. You might lose your save file so please back it up before you start. This is a beta so the game might crash during play.
If you choose to participate, please uninstall any mods you use. We can’t use your feedback if you have any mods installed, as that feedback won’t reflect the unmodified experience.
When you play the open_beta, please note that you can only play with other open_beta participants.
You keep any progress you get in the open_beta to the live, public version of the game.
- Improved the synchronization in general. You should now experience less synchronization issues when drop-in joining
- "Leadership" now works with the Akimbo weapons
- "Gunslinger" now works with the Akimbo weapons
- "Pistol Messiah" now works with the Akimbo weapons
- "Equilibrium" now works with the Akimbo weapons
- Fixed an issue where the swapping speed on Equilibrium didn’t work as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Spotter asset didn’t mark special enemies
- Fixed an issue where "Walk-in Closet" didn’t unlock the Armor bag from the "Crook" perk deck and the "Chief" perk deck
- Fixed an issue related to "Blending in" and the player movement speed
- Fixed an issue with the "Swan Song" skill when it was activated while completing a heist
- Fixed an issue where the "Crook" perk deck and the "Hitman" perk deck didn’t give the player the correct ammo pickup rate
- Fixed an issue where the game sometimes crashed when getting hit by a Cloaker while "Swan Song" was activated
- Fixed an issue where the "Champion Suppressor" mod didn’t benefit from "The Professional"
- Fixed an issue with the Swan Song in-game icon
- Redesigned "Gunslinger": it now gives a flat 15 damage bonus instead of 50% damage bonus to pistols
- Added more voice lines for Hoxton
- Added more voice lines for John Wick
- Fixed an issue where the male civilians sometimes were unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where the female civilians sometimes used the wrong animation set
- Fixed an issue with the armory on the Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed an issue where bags could get stuck in the stairs on Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind a door in the forensics room on Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed an issue related to the AI graph on Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed an issue where the players could use the First aid boxes through a wall on Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed a graphical issue on Hoxton Breakout heist day two
- Fixed a crash related to players going into custody
- Fixed an issue where the players couldn’t remove perk points while using an Xbox 360 controller
- Fixed an issue where enemies were firing at players that were in the critical state
- Fixed a crash related to the enemy AI
- Fixed an issue where the Gage courier packages text where misaligned in the success screen
- Fixed an issue with the outlines on the Sentry guns
- Added third person animations for the "Inspire" skill
- Fixed an issue with the "Full Measure" achievement
Thanks for your help!
OVERKILL – a Starbreeze Studio.
Via: Steam Community